Marketing & Events Executive
Working for the British Promotional Merchandise Association, this exciting and fast-paced role involves the marketing and promotion of the Association, creation and execution of a wide range of events and exhibitions.
We are looking for a marketing and events executive with confirmed marketing, digital and social, production and event management experience to join our collaborative team.
This a hybrid role with regular long-distance travel and overnight stays required.
Car driver and car owner preferred.
For this role, interviews will be held both remotely and via an in-person interview.
What's involved in the role
Your new role will be to market and promote all aspects of the BPMA’s proposition for members and future members, its services, education and events programme. You'll be implementing the BPMA’s agreed membership strategy via a series of marketing communications, events, exhibitions and digital engagements to grow and retain membership.
Your role will include the creation and management of all member and external events including all aspects of communications linked to the promotion of each activity including handling of attendees, sponsors and speakers. You will be briefing and coordinating all aspects of production for relevant marketing materials both physical and digital including social media, print, stand production and brand asset creation. This includes the creation and implementation of sponsorship activity for each event, and liaising with the Membership Director to formulate the appropriate approach.
- Arrange conferences, exhibitions and events, liaising with Membership Director CEO and speakers. Includes two annual trade show exhibitions with stand builds plus working on the annual awards dinner
- Maintaining member contact points via the Association’s CRM and website, social media and other media platforms (virtual networking)
- Arranging a series of member and training virtual events linked to ongoing development topics, supporting the Membership Director and CEO directly
Skills we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience in marketing and B2B communications with a track record of success
- Ability to self-start and ability to manage projects from start to finish, brief senior management and manage approvals processes
- Excellent command of English and budgeting skills
- Experience in planning and running events, conferences and exhibitions including production (artwork and production briefings)
- Experience in virtual events (preferred Zoom, Gotowebinar, Hopin)
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability multi-task across multiple deadline projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of CRM systems preferred or experienced in maintaining records on IMIS systems
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting system
- Experience using workflow systems, Asana preferable
- Good standard in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Project management: excellent operational processes and understanding of budgets and timing plans
- Strong team relationships
- Ideally knowledge of the marketing industry and preferably some understanding of the scope of businesses covered by BPMA (not essential)
- Experience with Canva is preferred but not essential
21 days holiday per annum. Free parking on site. Min two days on site in office based in Fetcham, Leatherhead. Car driver/car owner preferred. Remote working required. Laptop and equipment provided. This role will require travel and overnight stays linked to events and exhibitions.
British Promotional Merchandise Association Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
British Promotional Merchandise Association
British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA)