Marketing and Communications Manager
Are you looking for an interesting and varied role in the independent education sector at an organisation that is at an exciting time in its development?
St Chris is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school for children aged 3 to 18. The school was founded in 1915 and is an outstanding, modern school with an important, progressive heritage. Set in a 25-acre campus on the edge of Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, we treat our young people as individuals and aim for them to develop competence and resourcefulness, social conscience and moral courage, the capacity for friendship and a true zest for life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced marketing and communications professional to make an impact by bringing the character and ethos of our school to life to help grow our pupil roll.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will oversee the delivery of high-impact recruitment and awareness campaigns for the Nursery, Junior School, Senior School and Sixth Form.
They will also support the delivery of communications activities with current parents, pupils, staff, alumni and our local community to aid our retention, internal communications, outreach and fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can combine creativity, communications and technical skills with the ability to manage marketing campaigns. Applicants should have solid marketing and communications experience in planning and executing both digital and traditional campaigns, be a confident writer, photographer and video editor, and be able to quickly turnaround stories and ideas, while managing multiple deadlines.
The post holder will report to the Director of Marketing & Admissions, and should be a motivated, creative, self-starter who is able to initiate and complete projects. They will have an exceptional grasp of customer service and be results-focused.
We are looking to appoint someone who wants to be an active and engaged member of the Marketing and Admissions team, willing to get involved in all areas of this busy department in order to support the wider team.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
This is a full time, permanent, on-site position starting as soon as possible.
For the right candidate, flexibility in the school holidays or a flexible start time can be discussed.
Full job description available at: www.stchris.co.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
- Significant experience in a marketing and communications role, with commercial awareness;
- Degree or relevant professional qualifications in marketing or communications disciplines;
- Campaign/project management experience;
- Exceptional communication skills, with a flair for copywriting. Strong editing skills with a focus on accuracy and detail; 5
- A keen eye for stand-out visual communication with excellent skills to produce and edit photography and video (or a willingness to learn);
- A passion for social and digital media, with experience in managing digital channels on behalf of an organisation (both social media and websites);
- Excellent ICT skills, and a willingness to maintain and continuously develop technical proficiency, and evaluate and advise on emerging online trends, technology and tools;
- An excellent grasp of customer service principles and a natural customer champion;
- Determination to authentically promote the success of the School;
- A team player with a flexible and positive approach to building relationships with all stakeholders, and an enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude;
- Self-motivated – ability to work autonomously; to multi-task and prioritise on a daily basis in a busy and dynamic environment;
- Flexibility with regard to working hours – some evening and weekend work will be required (TOIL granted), and occasional travel within the UK.
- A good understanding of the independent schools sector in the UK and internationally
FTE £38,102.37 – £42,247.67 dependent on experience. Based on 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum. A pro rata salary will be given if the role is offered on a reduced hours basis.
25 days plus all Bank Holidays. A pro rata entitlement will be given if the role is offered on a reduced hours basis.
The Application Process
In order to apply for this post candidates are required to complete the St Christopher School Application Form, which can be found on the School’s website: www.stchris.co.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
St Christopher School
Where enjoyment creates achievement