Sales & Marketing Manager
- An ambitious and experienced marketeer?
- Wanting to be part of something truly special and exciting?
- Looking for the next level in your career?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to the join UK’s most exciting kids’ comic.
By joining the team you’ll get to play a hugely influential part in establishing The Phoenix as an internationally loved and recognised content creator and publisher. You will bring to life our mission to; ‘get kids reading’.
We’re looking for…
- A passionate and creative Sales & Marketing manager, with strong subscription and ecommerce experience
- Someone to focus on and grow the comic subscription database in the UK and the US
- You will have full responsibility for managing the sales and marketing budget, promoting the ecommerce shop and maximising revenue from other products and services.
The overall purpose of this role is to implement, manage and oversee strategies and tactics that deliver growth of the subscriptions of The Phoenix comic, along with its other revenue streams, through sales and marketing initiatives, inline with the business goals.
The successful person will have strong ecommerce and subscription experience in a direct to consumer environment and be results-driven with relevant demonstrable experience in a sales/marketing role.
You will have strong experience of the full marketing mix, including digital marketing, direct mail, e-marketing, customer relationship marketing, affiliate marketing and digital and physical events.
This is the perfect role for an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic marketeer who wants to play a key role in growing one of the most exciting content creating andpublishing companies in the UK.
A little bit about The Phoenix…
Having just celebrated our 10th anniversary, The Phoenix is one of the most exciting and established publishing companies and content creators in the UK. We make andpublish a weekly comic for 7-14 year olds that’s sent directly to our subscribers and hits their doormats every week.
Through our sister company David Fickling Books we also publish the number 1 best-selling UK comic book series, Bunny vs Monkey. We have a newly launched US edition and other international expansion plans along with our physical and digital events, as well as crowd funding plans and an ecommerce shop – there’s always plenty going on at The Phoenix!
Things you will be responsible for…
• Develop, implement and manage a sales strategy aimed at increasing Phoenix subscriptions, readership and improving customer retention
• Develop, implement and manage a marketing strategy, including advertising and PR to acquire new subscribers and to develop the Phoenix brand
• Oversee the digital sales and marketing strategy,correctly using data to utilise PPC and paid social channels alongside a strong organic social media presence
• Develop, implement and manage a sales and marketingstrategy for the Phoenix ecommerce shop
• Responsible for the creation of marketing materialsincluding messaging
• Develop, implement and manage sales forecasting activities, targets, sectors, markets, territories and set performance goals to achieve company objectives
• Ensure company websites are kept up to date with key pricing and marketing messages
• Prepare and present sales and marketing reports detailing sales, potential sales, new marketingcampaigns and areas of proposed growth and expansion
• Help identify and support new revenue streams
• Review and analyse sales performance against plans to determine effectiveness
• Monitor, prepare and report on marketing communications and sales activity
• Manage and give direction to the marketing and sales departments/teams and coordinate sales and marketing campaigns with editorial and the rest of the company
• Meet with key partners and find new ones to ensure relationships are maintained and developed
• Manage agency partner relationships for efficiency and performance
• Identify and understand client’s business needs and objectives to develop marketing and sales campaigns
• Develop and manage marketing/sales budgets.
• Maintain effective internal marketing communicationsand communications with The Phoenix’s sister company, David Fickling Books in particular.
You will have…
• Significant successful experience working in sales and marketing roles
• Experience of managing and creating assets formarketing campaigns
• Experience with both subscriptions and ecommerce environments strongly preferred
• Ability to develop, manage and implement strategy and plans
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge and application of a wide range of marketing and sales techniques and concepts
• Enthusiastic and creative
• Strategic planning skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong motivation, leadership and team management skills
• Analytic ability and good understanding of data with a particular emphasis on subscriptions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Phoenix Comic
Getting kids reading