Digital Marketing Manager (PT or FT)
- Grade: Senior Management
- Accountable to: Founder and Business Manager
- Direct reports: Digital marketing executive, design team
- Accountable for: Design team, marketing
- This role has been identified as being able to be fully remote and can be undertaken part-time or potentially with a job share.
We are looking to expand our marketing efforts and consolidate and refine our approach. The business has managed to survive and thrive without much effort given to marketing in the past, with ambitious plans for growth, we are looking to change this and invest in this capability. With a quick skim of our website and social channels, you will probably have plenty of ideas on what we need to do, and how we need to do it. This a great opportunity to carve out a role and grow a solid team. We are looking for someone to will join our close-knit team and fully take the reins with this role. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
A bit more about the role...
The successful candidate will report to the Founder and Business Manager, and they will manage three direct reports alongside managing suppliers and working closely with key stakeholders internally. The purpose of this role is to execute a digital marketing plan which can be tailored to several global markets. The post holder will be responsible for Digital, Brand, Comms and PR activities, they will also oversee the marketing budget. This post will also manage projects such as digital campaigns, designs, exhibitions and more.
The successful applicant will ideally be a tech-savvy digital native and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce marketing campaigns. Experience in B2B marketing would be advantageous. Proven track record of creating and executing a marketing strategy. Solid team and budget and project management skills. Excellent communication skills.
- Oversee CMS content management system, and CRO (conversion rate optimisation) Lead SEO efforts (content strategy, keywords and, image optimization etc)
- Create and upload copy and images for the website.
- Monitor the performance of the website and make recommendations for improvement using a variety of web analytics tools
- Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, and development of blogs and forums.
- Manage email marketing campaigns and communications with new and existing clients.
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Deliver and optimize digital advertising through Google Adwords, LinkedIn etc.
- Recruit and manage external agencies where necessary
- Develop and drive content and resources for the website
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
An ideal candidate will likely have many of these skills or experiences,
- Proven experience as Marketing Executive/Manager or a similar role for at least 3 years
- Excellent understanding and experience of delivering digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience with B2B social media, digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads and SEO
- Experienced in using web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in marketing or relevant fields preferred but not essential. Alternative to a degree is industry qualifications such as CAM diploma etc
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills for producing high-quality content
- Experience in WordPress or similar
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Excellent IT skills.
Due to the global nature of our organisation, we offer flexible working hours.
Opportunity to work in the Bristol office and meet others face to face, or fully remote if not local to Bristol.
After successful completion of probation, we offer up to 2 weeks of professional development weeks for self-led learning or training per annum.
Regular meetups with members of the team.
The Cynefin Company, formerly Cognitive Edge, is a small but global organisation, working within the consulting Research & SaaS technology sectors, through two main brands, The Cynefin co, and The Cynefin Centre. We work with a range of clients from not-for-profits, Governments, and international organisations to make sense of the complexity of their organisation. With proprietary software SenseMaker® and a vast body of methods and techniques, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing lead, to develop and grow within a global marketplace, within a fast-growing team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making sense of Complexity