Marketing and Communications Officer
The SUMS Marketing and Communications Officer plays a pivotal role in raising and maintaining the strong reputation of the SUMS Group across the HE sector. The role is responsible for developing impactful campaigns and related collateral and interacting with internal and external stakeholders to deliver SUMS Group messages and support SUMS Group members and clients. They will contribute to the development of digital and hard copy material, including publications, videos, podcasts, social media and web content to support current members and attract new members and clients to our community.
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic self-starter to work in a small team providing marketing and communications support to the wider organisation. This is a multi-faceted role where building good relationships is essential. The right candidate will demonstrate a “can-do” attitude, excellent interpersonal communication, writing and proofreading skills, and will be data-informed. They will have a keen interest in the vibrant and dynamic higher education sector, joining a team that seeks out innovative solutions and best-practice business processes whilst delivering the “day-to-day” at a consistently high level.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop and deliver targeted outbound marketing campaigns aimed at promoting the SUMS Group and its divisions to members, target markets and other key stakeholder audiences.
- Monitor campaign metrics and collate insights to be shared with internal leads.
- Develop, launch, track and measure effective organic and paid media campaigns that drive business growth.
- Support the delivery of a range of marketing and communication activities including eDigests and other publications and digital media.
- Provide focused support in the development and editing of video, vodcast, podcast and other digital marketing and communications materials.
- Support the development and execution of brand identity and collateral materials for major organisational initiatives.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications with stakeholder engagement planning and related activities as required.
- Lead on the organisation’s social media strategy and activities, including monitoring and measuring for greatest impact.
- Work with colleagues to ensure website content is up-to-date and support development of new content, as required.
- Support income-generating activities through marketing activity such as events, digital ads, etc.
- Work closely with our paid advertising agencies, as required to launch and monitor campaigns acting as a key point of contact and ensuring campaigns are optimised efficiently and effectively.
- Use the CRM system for member and client communications, to effectively disseminate content to our audiences, dispatching email, direct mail and other forms of communication. Ensure the highest quality of content, tailored to different audiences, learning from their behaviours and observing the best available practice.
- Work closely with the Events lead to promote key events.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the organisational values and brand, recognising the relationship between them and ensuring campaigns uphold them.
- Use the Content Management Systems to create and edit web pages; link web pages to campaigns activity, ensuring optimal integration.
- Deputise for the Head of Marketing and Communications, as required.
- Seek out campaigns and social media best practice and trends from across the sector and beyond.
- Work proactively with colleagues across SUMS Group divisions to deliver other tasks as deemed necessary by the Head of Marketing and Communications.
Key Success Criteria
1. Achievement of agreed objectives.
2. Delivery of work to agreed standards and timescales.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a cover letter, outlining why you are the right candidate for the role, and CV by 9th September 2022 at email@example.com. Virtual interviews will take place during the week of 20th September 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialists in Higher Education