An exciting opportunity to join our Marketing and Communications team.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, you will work with others to plan and implement the promotion of eLife content and initiatives using a range of marketing tactics. This is a terrific opportunity for those looking to take the next step in their marketing career, in particular those with an interest in science publishing.
Experience and attributes
You will be independently motivated, flexible, responsive and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
In addition the ideal candidate should have:
- 2 - 5 years’ work experience in marketing or communications
- An undergraduate degree or work experience that demonstrates the attributes required and an appropriate level of maturity
- Demonstrable experience with a wide range of marketing tactics including email marketing, managing CRM databases and digital advertising will be greatly valued
- Excellent written communication skills
- Organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously
- Good IT skills including using MacOS, Google Suite and MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team but take responsibility and to use own initiative when necessary
- Campaign planning – recommending marketing tactics and writing communication plans in support of objectives
- Campaign execution – implementing marketing campaigns; working in collaboration with the rest of the team and with support from senior team members to deliver campaigns on time and according to plan
- CRM management – Managing our CRM system and ensuring data is clean, up-to-date, and GDPR-compliant
- Analysis and reporting – reporting on campaign results, analysing website data to provide specific insights into user behaviour and product success and overseeing regular reporting on marketing activity
- Content – drafting and proofing content for the eLife website, emails and other assets
- Collateral/asset development – writing briefs and co-ordinating the creation of assets with contracted designers, ensuring brand consistency
- General marketing and administration – providing general support for the marketing team as required
Terms and conditions
The post is a permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, and offers a competitive basic salary in the range of £27-28,000 (depending on experience) and benefits. The post holder will be based at our Cambridge office or remotely within the UK. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We are a well-supported, not-for-profit, mission-driven organisation. We have a deeply open and inclusive culture, and ideas are welcome from across the company, so you’ll get the chance to really make a difference. The size of the team means you’ll be able to get involved in many aspects of marketing, innovation and scholarly publishing.
We also offer:
- Great opportunities for your personal and professional development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- An open, communicative and inspiring working experience
- The option of working in an employee designed modern office near the centre of Cambridge
- Covered cycle parking, shower facilities, informal working or relaxation areas, free fresh fruit, a fancy coffee machine and snacks in the kitchen
- A sociable and friendly team with interesting social events
- A flexible approach to working hours and remote working
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your enthusiasm for this position and why you are a great person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you get stuck on what to write then here are some suggestions:
- Why you would like to join eLife.
- Where you found us (a job ad, on Twitter, LinkedIn, meeting one of us).
- Any marketing campaigns you’ve worked on and been particularly successful in reaching agreed objectives.
- Links to Twitter/LinkedIn/personal websites/blogs that you’d like us to read.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 5th August 2022 at 5pm (BST). Interviews will be arranged in person in Cambridge or remotely via GoogleMeet or Zoom video-call.
eLife is serious about diversity and inclusion. We are building a team whose diversity of perspective and experience, and whose respect for one another, make us stronger.
Reference ID: ME/2022-07
Your application has been successfully submitted.
eLife works to improve research communication through open science and open technology innovation