Social Media Community Manager
We tell the story of London and Londoners and there’s never been a more exciting time to join the team - so if you’ve got what it takes to get the online community talking, keep reading.
The museum is London’s shared place in the middle of it all. Slap bang in the middle of rush hour, of 10,000 years of history, of London’s biggest arguments, trade routes and memories. No matter where you’ve come from, how long you’re staying for, or what side of the river you live on, we offer a home for exploration and adventure where all of London’s stories cross and collide. We’re looking for a Social Media Community Manager with the conversation skills to help us tell those stories online, to spark conversations and above all, to never, ever, let it be boring.
You’ll lead the way in building and growing our online communities, broadening our digital reach through brilliant conversation and customer service. You’ll make use of our extensive audience data, ensuring we’re delivering the right content at the right time to maximise interest and engagement. You’ll work with teams across the museum to make sure we’re telling the best and most important stories, and then you’ll use data to show what worked, and what didn’t.
Social Media Community Management
- Be a key contributor to digital and content strategy to achieve and sustain growth targets for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (and any other new accounts) in line with the museum’s five-year plan.
- Deliver a high standard of community management including working with the Visitor Experience team to ensure customer service is consistent across all channels.
- Monitor and generate great, relevant online conversations by identifying and reacting to trends, maximising topics of interest within the museum’s collection and targeting relevant influencers.
- Monitor developments and create effective response plans to changes in the social media landscape, for instance adapting strategies to algorithm changes or adopting emerging channels which can support business goals.
- Regular monitoring and reporting on social media analytics and provision of actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Provide out of hours monitoring as well as participate in issues/crisis management procedures.
- Regular review of our digital tools and processes to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose
- Along with content colleagues, develop monthly content calendars based on organisational priorities, museum activities and the external environment which are strategic but also responsive.
- Write exceptional copy to accompany content to ensure maximum engagement amongst our online audiences.
- Working with content and digital colleagues, ensure social media and web content is always targeted to priority audience segments, reflective of the brand and delivery priorities from the Content Framework.
- Maintain the museum’s tone of voice on social platforms through witty and surprising content.
- Work with the wider marketing team to plan campaigns which use an appropriate mix of organic and paid content to meet business objectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The greatest stories from the greatest city