We’re in the market(!) for an experienced, hands-on Marketing Manager to join our team, which is headquartered in Gateshead but with a workforce around the UK.
It’s been a busy few years and after adding new brands, products, and services to our portfolio, we are embarking on an intensive period of customer acquisition. We’ve got ambitious plans, and they can only be achieved with a top notch marketing team!
You’ll join our in-house team and work with a small – but perfectly formed – curated group of really lovely suppliers. We had to say that as they might read this. But no, they’re lush, honest.
Becoming part of Team Transmit means working across one or more of our customer facing brands and services, including/focussed first on:
- Transmit Startups provides business support, funding and mentoring to small businesses throughout the UK.
- Smarta is where independent businesses become a community who want to learn, grow, and support one another
- A significant Smarta product is our training, delivered online, which helps people to be their own boss and businesses to be more successful, currently in Northumberland and Tyne & Wear but expanding across the UK.
So, what makes us different from other business support services out there? The answer is simple. We understand the challenges of starting and growing a business because we’ve done it ourselves; our three directors and many others on the team have run their own businesses. We pride ourselves on designing and delivering the type of service we’d value, with no apathy, no suits, and no talking down...
And because we’re so passionate about the value of the SME sector to the UK economy, we’re always working on new ideas to improve access to the finance, support and insight needed to power its growth. That means our own business never stands still and it’s why we’re going through a period of significant growth and service diversification.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone wanting to work in a fast-paced environment with achievable targets and where your input is really valued. We work hard but enjoy it, and ultimately get to see some brilliant results from our businesses.
We have been going since 2012 and have built an amazing team of 40-plus committed, canny (in the Geordie sense!) and crackingly talented people. We’re headquartered in Gateshead, with a workforce around the UK and get together for a cuppa (or a beer) whenever we can.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You’ll be planning and executing our lead generation activity, aiming to acquire new customers across a variety of channels using a range of tactics. Our current campaigns include:
- Email marketing
- Press and media placement
- Events attendance
- Events organisation
- Digital advertising
- Social media
- Work with the team to come up with creative ways of communicating our objectives, all based around our central Transmit brand and ethos: no nonsense, no suits, no talking down, no negativity
- Deliver work on time, within budget, and to an agreed standard of quality
- Refine content such that it works across several platforms and audiences – for example, a video for cashflow might need to have different content/be different lengths/be pitched differently when used to market than to educate
- Collaborate with others, internally and externally, to bring a consistent voice and tone
- Work across a few stakeholders and be an internal supplier to different functions within the business.
Requirements & skills
- Experienced marketer with min. 3 years’ experience – employed or self-employed
- A competent ‘do-er’ who can work independently to produce results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing and delivering marketing campaigns
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Be able to switch between styles for different audiences quickly
- Be able to efficiently manage multiple activities and be comfortable with targets.
- Competent with technology – specifically with basic office programmes like spreadsheets and word processors, and confident you can pick up zoom, slack, hubspot, and any other software appropriate to your skills and experience
- Be interested in/passionate about entrepreneurship and small businesses
- Have a positive and proactive attitude
- Be a team player and contribute to effective team working.
These requirements are a guide as to what we’re looking for, but if you don’t have all of the skills listed above, that’s okay! Please don’t let that hold you back from applying if the role excites you.
We’re based in Gateshead but we’ve adopted a hybrid working system where you’ll need to work partly from the office, and partly from home. We’ll provide the electronic equipment, but you’ll need access to the internet. And your own kettle.
Please apply by email to Suzy, our senior commercial manager. We’d like to see your CV and some kind of intro from you, covering how you meet the person spec. A covering email is fine, a voice note or video, whatever you prefer!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering entrepreneurs, simplifying business