Communications & Engagement Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WELCOME TO KFC
Welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Our world famous chicken restaurant brand all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. He started travelling by car to different restaurants and cooked his fried chicken on the spot for restaurant owners. He did this at the age of 65. If the owner liked the chicken, they would enter into a handshake agreement to sell the Colonel’s chicken. Legend has it that Colonel Sanders heard 1009 “No’s” before he heard his first yes. The Colonel’s story still inspires us today. It reminds us how grit, perseverance, dedication and ambition along with hard work can create success; regardless of your age or where you come from.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life too.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
KFC are on the lookout for an experienced Internal Communications, Engagement and Event Manager to lead the charge in creating a relevant, easy and distinctive internal KFC experience. One that connects our teams with the brand strategy, brings our people promise to life and creates a sense of belonging to build brand love from the inside out.
In this role you will lead your team to design and deliver a brand wide internal communications strategy, oversee various engagement and experience projects and our award-winning events calendar. You and your team will be the internal voice of our brand, building brand love and loyalty amongst our c.30,000 employees, keeping them connected to the brand, engaged and entertained through creative content, witty conversation and most likely… memes. You’ll also tap into our incredible employees to unlock powerful story-telling opportunities and support the wider employer brand strategy.
This is a unique opportunity within a growing, award-winning team at one of the largest, best-loved brands in the UK. The role offers immediate exposure to all areas of the business as you work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the brand and support and advise our executive leaders on all things comms. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence and shape how we talk to our teams in the future, including exciting new platforms and channels.
We’re looking for an original – an innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic person who always has their finger firmly on the pulse. Someone that can naturally adapt to the fun, fresh, bold KFC tone of voice. There’s buckets of opportunity to grow as part of an ambitious brand and we’d love you to be keen to adapt and grow your career within KFC and Yum!
And did we mention there would be chicken?! Probably should have led with that…
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Design and execute our brand wide internal communications, engagement and events strategy, including creating an effective channel strategy that delivers the right information, to the right audiences, through the right channels, at the right time.
- Lead strategic internal engagement projects.
- Oversee the management of our internal communication channels and platforms, including; email, newsletters, digital screens and internal social media ensuring content is relevant, easy to engage with and distinctive.
- Oversee the team of communication partners in creating compelling and effective content as part of the internal communications and employer brand strategy; ensuring clarity, consistency, and quality of content across every touchpoint.
- Coordinating ad hoc organisational announcements.
- Management of internal campaigns for initiatives such as International Women’s Day, Pride, Mental Health Awareness and project and product launches to name a few.
- Analyse the effectiveness of channels to improve employee communications and provide insights on the most effective ways to reach employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our creative agencies.
- Work closely with cross functional departments, global communications partners, and franchise partners to source and develop brand news and stories and best practice from across the organisation.
- Manage the internal comms and engagement budget
WHAT WE’D LOVE FROM YOU
EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITY
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in internal communications, PR or Social Media and/or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of delivering large campaigns, transformation programmes and employee experience activities to large audiences.
- Proven ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level.
- First class, versatile copywriting skills. The successful candidate will be able to adapt instantly to the KFC tone of voice or flex dependent on executive voice, with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Creativity and imagination, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work collaboratively, respond to feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Strong ability to build relationships, influence and collaborate constructively with stakeholders across all areas of the organisation.
- Ability to investigate, analyse and contextualize complex issues, identify key points to be addressed and develop effective, practical, and simple plans to resolve problems.
- Ability to multitask leading different projects and work under pressure, with changing priorities, tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Crisis communication
- Event management/logistics
- Budget Management
Attitude & Personality
- Enthusiasm about the brand is a must. We only want people who love KFC!
- Great judgment mixed with maturity, flexibility and resilience are key qualities that we’re looking for.
- We’re looking for a team player who embraces the company culture and gets involved.
- Ability to remain positive and motivated and inspire those around you.
- We’ll need you to show patience, resilience and be able to make judgment calls under pressure.
- We’re looking for someone solution driven, meaning you’ll be inquisitive, tenacious and determined… always looking for new ways to deliver ground-breaking work.
- A first-class coach who puts their people first
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
REWARD, PROGRESSION AND LOTS OF RECOGNITION
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
· We can offer flexibility – our RSC is in Woking.
· Fry-YAY – Finish up at 1pm every Friday (All year round)
· Company and performance related bonus
· Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
· Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover
· Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 5 extra days per year
· After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
· Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
· Competitive parental leave and flexible return to work options
· Flexible and Voluntary benefits including Dental Insurance, Health Screening and Gym Discounts.
· Opportunity to flex your benefits to create a Wellbeing Fund you can use throughout the year
KFC can be a sociable company if that’s your thing, and we strive to incorporate our company value of fun whenever we can from payday drinks to weekly sports clubs; there's extensive wellness and mental health support with Sanctus Training and yoga classes so you can choose how little or how much you get involved.
If this all sounds like you and you are keen to join a global, dynamic and ambitious company you can thrive in, then get in touch!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's Finger Lickin' Good