Senior Product Designer (UX)
We're seeking a Senior Product Designer (UX) to join our team!
About the role
Design (UX) is core to how we approach product development and plays a critical role in the continued growth and success of the company. We routinely apply the practices of research and design to discover customer needs, explore and test product ideas and deliver innovative solutions our customers love.
Design (UX) is recognised as a key differentiator, where it enables the business to solve complex technology problems for the world's data professionals by designing simple, intuitive and delightful products. In other words, making the data complexities of DevOps Ingeniously Simple.
Senior Product Designers are embedded in cross-functional, agile development teams. They act as peers to Product Managers and Technical Leads to provide leadership and design direction; working further upstream to surface customers’ needs and ensure we make great, human-centred product decisions.
Redgate is the leading provider of software for businesses seeking to bring the benefits of DevOps to their database teams.
- Used by more than 800,000 individuals around the world, from small and medium-sized businesses to 91% of companies in the Fortune 100.
- Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, one of Europe’s fastest-growing technology hubs (and one of the most beautiful cities in the world).
- A mature but high-growth business, we have 400 colleagues in offices across Austin, Berlin, Brisbane and Pasadena – and we’re scaling rapidly!
You will be responsible for
- Partnering with peers in Product Management and Technical Leadership to drive an approach and mindset towards continuous discovery.
- Use of research and insight (qualitative and quantitative) to inform/influence the product roadmap (problems) and determine a backlog of ideas (concepts) to test.
- Owns and drives the end-to-end design process, where they are accountable for local design decisions, design deliverables and the resulting product experience.
- Drives and facilitates collaborative design activities necessary to explore, validate and shape new concepts/ideas (solutions).
- Working closely with peers in Product Management and Technical Leadership to ensure a strong design perspective is factored into product decisions.
- Works with the team to monitor the impact of their ideas (solutions) and drive improvement in accordance with the team's desired objectives (outcomes).
- Champions a customer-centric approach to design and development, advocating for user/customer engagement and empathy.
- Supporting the growth and personal development of more junior members in the design team (including coaching and mentoring as appropriate).
- Actively contribute to (and where appropriate lead) continuous improvement initiatives across the design practice.
- Evangelising and advocating for great Design (UX) (both internally and externally).
You will need
- Experience of working in a similar Product Design/UX role, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an end-to-end design process.
- Experience of working in cross-functional, agile teams where you’ve regularly collaborated with the likes of PMs, engineers and other Product Designers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas, concepts and design decisions.
- Ability to plan, organise and drive all aspects of the design process, for a team, from concept through to release.
- An understanding of mixed research methods (generative, evaluative, qual and quant) to identify customer problems and evaluate the current (as-is) experience.
- The ability to connect business goals and product strategy to design decisions; balancing business and user needs.
- An inclusive, open and transparent approach to their work.
- A growth mindset that actively seeks out opportunities for personal development.
- Salary: £55,000 to £70,000 negotiable dependent on experience.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time.
- We dedicate Friday afternoons to individuals' growth and personal development.
- In addition to a full benefits package.
Redgate is committed to your wellbeing and as such our recruitment process will be held virtually.
Achieving work life balance has never been more important and so Redgate has adopted a flexible-hybrid model. This means that people will work flexibly with a blend of remote (home) and co-located (office) work, with teams having the flexibility to decide which location best suits the outcomes they need to deliver.
Apply online today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.