Digital Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Grade: Senior Management
- Accountable to: Director, Founder and Finance director
- Direct reports: Digital marketing executive, design team
- Accountable for: Design team, marketing,
The Cynefin Company, formerly Cognitive Edge, is a small but global organisation, working within the consulting Research & Software technology sectors, through two main brands, The Cynefin co, and The Cynefin Centre. We work with a range of clients from NFP, Governments, and international organisations to make sense of the complexity of human systems. With proprietary software SenseMaker® and a vast body of methods and techniques, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing lead, to develop and grow within a global marketplace, within a fast-growing team.
The successful candidate will report to the directors, and they will manage three direct reports alongside managing suppliers and working closely with key stakeholders internally. The purpose of this role is to define a digital marketing plan which can be tailored to several global markets. The postholder will be responsible for Digital, Brand, Comms and PR activities, they will also oversee the marketing budget. This post will also manage projects such as digital campaigns, designs, exhibitions and more.
The successful applicant will ideally be a tech-savvy digital native and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce marketing campaigns. Experience in B2B marketing would be advantageous. Proven track record of creating and executing a marketing strategy. Solid team and budget and project management skills. Excellent communication skills.
Day to day responsibilities
- Oversee CMS content management system, and CRO (conversion rate optimisation) Be Lead SEO efforts (content strategy, keywords and, image optimization etc)
- Create and upload copy and images for the website.
- Monitor the performance of the website and make recommendations for improvement using a variety of web analytics tools
- Research new online media opportunities that may benefit the business including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums.
- Manage email marketing campaigns and communications with new and existing clients.
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Deliver and optimize digital advertising through Google Adwords, LinkedIn etc.
- Recruit and manage external agencies where necessary
- Develop and drive content and resources for the website
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
You need to have...
- Proven experience as Marketing Executive/Manager or a similar role for at least 3 years
- Excellent understanding and experience of delivering digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience with B2B social media, digital advertising platforms such as Google Ads and SEO
- Experienced in using web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in marketing or relevant fields preferred but not essential. Alternative to degree is industry qualifications such as CAM diploma etc
- Strong verbal communication skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills for producing high-quality content
- Experience in WordPress or similar
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms
- Excellent IT skills.
Due to the global nature of our organisation, we offer flexible working hours
Opportunity to work in the Bristol main office and meet others face to face, or fully remote if not local to Bristol.
After successful completion of probation, we offer up to 4 weeks of professional development weeks for self-led learning or training per annum.
28 days holiday increased to 32 days after 1 year of service
Regular meetups with members of the team… pandemic allowing!
Your application has been successfully submitted.