This job is no longer accepting applications.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Assistant to join an expanding Marketing team based at our head office in Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan. This highly tactical role ideally suits a graduate or a candidate with around 1 to 2 years of previous experience in a marketing role who is looking for the opportunity to progress their career within a challenging and rewarding marketing position, whilst making a real impact to a successful brand at a time of significant growth.
MGF are in the early stages of a focused and challenging marketing strategy to support business growth, with the objective to drive both internal and external customer engagement and position the brand as a market leader.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Manager and the Marketing team to plan, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of both online and offline marketing campaigns, including having a pivotal role in managing and developing of company events and exhibitions nationwide. Other key responsibilities include;
- Coordinate and support marketing campaigns/communications based around new product launches, depot openings, new services etc
- Create engaging written and visual content that highlights MGF’s successful projects, products and people that is suitable for output across multiple channels (copy, images, video, brochures etc)
- Provide support for the full process of internal and external events from initial research and organisation through to after event analysis, and provide support where necessary to other departmental led events
- Oversee and maintain an annual calendar of events and support MGF’s nationwide depots
- Manage the promotional item process from tender through to stock management and distribution (including print, promotional materials, and event items)
- Support the wider team with the company website, online store and social channels
- Provide copy writing support for various campaigns and ad-hoc content efforts companywide including the preparation of pre-qualification and tender submissions
- Account Management – be responsible for developing relationships with your assigned internal departments and external contacts to further enhance the effectiveness of marketing objectives across the business
- Support the wider marketing team with administrative duties including dealing with daily enquiries (inboxes and telephone) when necessary
Working as part of the Marketing team, and other key departments from across the business, the role will drive the generation of engaging communications targeted across a varied marketing communications mix to the construction and civil engineering industry.
The ideal candidate should have a Marketing or business-related degree or relevant experience within a previous marketing role and possess:
- Good understanding of marketing principles within a B2B environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing both internal and external relationships.
- Up to date knowledge of content management systems.
- Good listening, questioning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and great attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to self-motivate, work in cross-functional teams and remain flexible.
- Strong IT skills with a good knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages.
- Whilst construction industry experience is not essential, you should be comfortable with complex engineering products.
The following would also be desirable:
- Experience in organising small and large-scale events
- Experience and skills with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.
- Experience of working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
Recognised as market leaders in the design, manufacture and provision of modular and bespoke excavation support systems, we are committed to providing our customers with complete engineered solutions and promoting current best practice for all types of excavation works.
Our latest venture, launched in July 2021 is a complementary extension to our existing range of safety and handling equipment – an expansion into the lifting industry. A developed range of products and services allows us to further facilitate the needs of our customers and offer a one-stop-shop.
Launched in January 2020, our structural support solutions business offers a comprehensive propping solution that is less intrusive, minimises programme time and risk whilst ensuring the integrity of the supported structure is maintained.
MGF employ over 400 staff at 14 locations nationwide. We are a highly respected sector leader, providing state of the art solutions to meet the most demanding health and safety requirements of the construction industry. We have a passion to provide a total service to our Customers. Our values of Commitment, Innovation and Sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of society.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your application has been successfully submitted.