This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re on the lookout for someone who can join The Marketing Meetup as our first proper hire. We are, admittedly, dipping in our toe with a 12 month FTC on a part-time basis, but if it’s a success, who knows where we’ll go…
It doesn’t really matter to us who you are or what you’ve done. Instead, the most important things are what you can do, and the person you are.
We need someone who is:
- Organised - Like, properly organised. You’ll love the finer details, and be one of the people who enjoy getting into the weeds. Being honest, we’re rubbish at that bit so if you can perfect an eye roll too, that would be fab.
- Proactive - While there will be some regular tasks, we’d also love someone who can see a problem, and quickly propose (or even better implement), a solution. Trust is super important to us in the way that you won’t be micro-managed so knowing you’re on the hunt for ways to do things better would be really comforting.
- Adaptable - Let’s be honest here. There are some regular tasks, but then there will be stuff we all pick up as we go. While you’ll have a ‘role’ in the company, we’ll mostly be hiring you to be you in the first instance. That requires some adaptability in the moment and a ‘yep, I can do that’ kind of view!
- Driven by kindness - We’re here to help support our community first and foremost. We need someone who shares our motivation for the bigger picture, as frankly… that makes everything else make sense :)
- Willing to learn - In all ways! We’re all on a journey of figuring out how to communicate, do things better, and become better people. Folks who can show that they love learning is really appreciated and admired. The use case in particular I have in mind as typing this is in regard to learning new bits of tech/software and being comfortable doing that but applies across a spectrum of things.
- Enthusiastic! - End of the day, we all appreciate working with people who feel like they want to be there. A general ‘can-do’ attitude is key :)
- Care about standards - You’ll expect a lot from yourself. Not because you’ve been told to, but because you want to do a good job for yourself and the people you’re helping.
Your main tasks would be:
- Working with sponsors - Helping our sponsors get the best bang for their buck through organising our activities alongside them, communicating with our contacts, and clearly communicating results.
- TMM+ management - Chasing (in a really nice way) of our contributors, quality control on received videos, uploading to Vimeo and Wordpress (experience in both is lovely but having a willingness to learn also works!), and general communication on TMM+ projects
- Email management - Helping Joe and James manage inboxes :)
- Mentorship matching - When our mentorship launches, helping match compatible people for mentorship sessions
- £20-23k pro-rated to 3 days a week on a 12 month FTC. At the end of the contract, we’ll see how things are going with a view to deciding future involvement!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The positively community for marketers