Hewitt Matthews is a growing, fast-paced Web Development and Performance Marketing agency based in Portsmouth, Hampshire. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who is familiar with digital marketing to work primarily on our website projects, whilst offering project management support to other areas of the agency when required.
You will be joining Hewitt Matthews at a pivotal point in our growth journey and will have the opportunity to help shape how we work, with the scope to truly own the role and make it your own.
The Project Manager at Hewitt Matthews will ensure that client projects are delivered to the highest quality, on time, and within budget. They will have access to the entire team and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including Account Management, Paid Media, Development, Finance and Senior Leadership.
The role will be varied, fun and never boring. If you love logistics, delivery and doing thingsproperly…We want to meet you!
Project Planning and Execution
- Managing the successful delivery of website projects across a diverse client base.
- Defining project teams for web and assisting on performance marketing projects.
- Schedule and direct internal resources, ensuring optimal utilisation and driving revenue.
- Determining which tasks are most crucial and need immediate attention, then ensuring these are set, agreed and signed off in the daily/weekly stand-ups.
- Ensuring successful onboarding for all clients with a smooth experience into the next stages of client lifecycle
- Occasionally supporting Sales to help agree, understand or define a scope of work with prospective Clients, including deliverables and deadlines.
- Collaborate with Finance and Account Management functions to set project budgets.
- Develop and communicate project plans to Clients at agreed intervals.
- Helps to manage third party contractors and third-party agencies working in partnership on project delivery.
- Initiating and managing projects within Teamwork, our project management system.
- Working to minimise mistakes or overservicing that could cause delay/impact service delivery.
- Manages and monitors under or over-servicing of clients.
- Capacity Planning to evaluate team bandwidth to help Sales plan for future work availability.
- Managing the onboarding and ‘Welcome Emails’ to new Clients.
- Secure client sign-offs at key project stages.
- Provide frequent client-facing project updates, and communicate any changes promptly.
- Ensuring Clients adhere to deadlines and that actions/information are shared by Clients in a timely manner.
Internal Communication and Collaboration
- Oversee internal project communication, maintaining regular contact with Account Managers, Departments Leads and Senior Leadership.
- Manage resource planning and timelines.
- Track team & individual progress to ensure alignment with project goals.
- Assist with identifying talent & resource shortfalls ahead of time and regularly communicating this with Senior Leadership to aid hiring strategy.
Financial and Quality Assurance
- Ensure projects are profitable and of the highest quality.
- Lead on project post-mortems, reviewing budgeted time vs actual.
- Monitor and manage the efficiency of projects.
- Reviewing brief against the project completion to ensure goals have been met.
Risk and Scope Management
- Identify potential risks and plan mitigation strategies.
- Minimise mistakes and over-servicing that could delay delivery.
- Implement strategies to manage scope creep effectively and, ideally, prevent unnecessary scope creep all together.
Documentation and Record-keeping
- Ensure that all project documentation is signed and stages are formally signed off.
- Keep track of billability and efficiency of time.
- When processes fail, help to review and redesigning processes to prevent the same issue happening again.
Strategy and Business Objectives
- Contribute to unique project management methodologies.
- Analyse scheduling to identify gaps and future resource needs.
- Manage third-party contractors and partner agencies.
- Assist with revenue recognition on projects.
- Manage internal projects.
- Conduct interim quality checks.
- Support resource planning based on increasing demand.
- Help identify areas for team members to improve efficiency.
- Support in the recruitment of new team members to ensure that they have the right skills to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
- Helping to liaise with AM on upsell and cross-sell opportunities
Desired/Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience within the digital landscape (Essential)
- Excellent Communication Skills (Essential)
- Task Management (Essential)
- Experience within a Digital Marketing Agency (Desired)
- Leadership Experience (Desired)
- Experience in Risk Management (Desired)
- Cost Management (Desired)
- Negotiation Skills (Desired)
- Critical Thinking (Desired)
Final salary will be decided based on experience and seniority
The banding for this role is between£35 - 45k per annum.
This is a full-time hybrid position
Mon-Fri - 9am - 5pm
Flexible working is readily available, at the discretion of the Directors, after an implementation period.
At Hewitt Matthews, we’re passionate about our culture, our values and about always improving our way of working.
We give all team members a large amount of flexibility and autonomy, and in return ask them to hold themselves accountable to their colleagues, their clients and the agency as a whole to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Here are some of the other benefits of joining our team:
- Generous holiday package
- In addition, Hewitt Matthews is closed between Christmas Day and New Years Day (this doesn’t come out of your Annual Leave!)
- Workplace pension scheme (Plus Employer contribution)
- Flexible & hybrid working options
- An exciting opportunity to grow with one of Hampshire’s fastest-growing digital agencies
- Genuinely flexible working and a commitment to supporting “life beyond work” for our team members
- Free on-site parking with 24/7 security
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid or remote working options
- Competitive salary based on talent and experience
- Pension contributions
- Conferences, events, and training days
- Regular company social events
- A non-hierarchical structure that celebrates expertise and supports autonomy
Our Recruitment Process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so if we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage, we’ll let you know.
- Apply- Apply for the job by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached, or applying directly through the website.
- Chat-You’ll have a half hour chat over the phone with a member of our recruitment team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
- Interview- If we think you’re a good match for the role, we’ll book you in for a face-to-face interview via GoogleMeet.
- Questions & Tasks- To keep things fair and for you to show your best, we will provide you with a list of questions we’ll be asking during the interview. There are also a few short tasks to complete, which we will provide details of well in advance of the interview to give you plenty of time to prepare. This will also be a chance to meet some of the people you’d be working with, and ask any questions about working at Hewitt Matthews.
- Next Steps- That’s it! If everyone’s happy, we’ll make you an offer.
You will be an important part of a growing agency and will be a part of a close-knit company with progression opportunities and a bright future ahead.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Never mediocre. Always innovative.