Marketing and Student Recruitment Officer
Are you passionate about Marketing? Are you creative and highly motivated to deliver exceptional student recruitment activities? Do you have a track record of delivering innovative and successful events? If so, this could be the role for you.
Closing Date: 27 November 2023
You will support Marketing and Student Recruitment Managers in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences with all aspects of marketing and student recruitment activity and campaigns aimed at achieving student recruitment targets and objectives for both home and international undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS) is an exciting, multidisciplinary faculty structured around ten academic schools. The Faculty has a significant and diverse student population, with around 700 academic and research staff and 230 support staff across its range of disciplinary areas.
Working closely with colleagues in academic schools, the Faculty and the central Marketing Team, you will be required to maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in relation to the recruitment of arts, humanities and social science students in the higher education environment and remain up to date with the latest marketing and communications developments, including the use of new technologies and best practice elsewhere in the sector.
Experience of student recruitment and/or marketing, preferably in a higher education context, is essential for this role. To be considered, you will be required to demonstrate experience of delivering marketing/student recruitment activities and prove your ability to plan and organise customer-oriented events or projects, including evaluation of effectiveness/impact.
For more information about the role or to have an informal confidential chat you can contact email@example.com.
Interview Date: Thursday 7th December
To apply: please complete an online application and upload a CV and cover letter. Your cover letter is a supporting statement, and you should outline how you meet the essential criteria of the role and evidence this with examples.
• Supporting the implementation and evaluation of Faculty marketing and student recruitment plans to attract and convert well-qualified home and international undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) students
This may include:
- Working with colleagues across the marketing function and key stakeholders to support the planning, delivery and evaluation of subject-focused campaigns to support application generation and conversion
- Creating, commissioning and repurposing content and copy for a variety of channels, ensuring it is researched informed, relevant, and engaging for the target audience
- Coordinating the creation and delivery of targeted printed and digital marketing materials
- Supporting the creation and delivery of pre and post application email campaigns
- Reporting on campaigns and working with the Central Marketing team to report on key market insights
• Under the guidance of the Student Recruitment and Marketing Managers, leading the development and delivery of high-quality student recruitment and conversion events
This will include:
- Working with academic school colleagues, to lead on the organisation and delivery of on campus and virtual Open Days and Offer Holder Events for all audiences
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact and effectiveness of events and activities
• Supporting the recruiting, training and management of student ambassadors and coordinating the digital content they create
• Supporting market research activities to inform student recruitment and marketing
- Analysing and interpreting data and trends
- Competitor analysis
- Applicant survey analysis
- Identifying key themes from secondary research
- Supporting portfolio development research
• Working closely with colleagues involved in marketing, student recruitment and communications at Faculty and University level to ensure alignment with the University’s student recruitment strategies and communications, share best practice and undertake joint planning to maximise impact
• Attending and representing the Faculty at student recruitment focussed Higher Education fairs and events
• Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the grade as requested by the Faculty Marketing and Student Recruitment Managers and/or Head of Communications and Student Recruitment Marketing
• Priorities and responsibilities may shift from time to time as the Faculty, Schools and the University respond to challenges and changes in the higher education sector. You will be required to be flexible and adapt
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of working in a marketing and/or student recruitment role, preferably in an education setting
• Experience of developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing and/or student recruitment plans and activities
• Proven ability to plan and organise customer-oriented events or projects, including evaluation of effectiveness/impact
• Experience of collecting, analysing, interpreting, and reporting accurately on data and trends
• Excellent copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills and experience of creating engaging and accessible content/copy for both digital and print channels
• Outstanding attention to detail and proven ability to use initiative and adopt a creative approach to problem solving
• Excellent project, time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines
• Flexibility and a positive approach to tasks, activities, and situations
• Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills with the ability to initiate, develop and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends and to travel throughout the UK and stay overnight, as required
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent
• Marketing related qualification (desirable)
About Newcastle University
Newcastle University is a great place to work, with excellent benefits. We have a generous holiday package; plus the opportunity to buy more, great pension schemes and a number of health and wellbeing initiatives to support you.
Newcastle University is a global University where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. As a University of Sanctuary, we aim to provide a welcoming place of safety for all, offering opportunities to people fleeing violence and persecution.
We are committed to being a fully inclusive university which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all of our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from individuals who can complement our existing teams, we believe that success is built on having teams whose backgrounds and experiences reflect the diversity of our university and student population.
At Newcastle University we hold a silver Athena Swan award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. We also hold a Race Equality Charter Bronze award in recognition of our work towards tackling race inequality in higher education REC. We are a Disability Confident employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role as part of the offer and interview scheme.
In addition, we are a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.