Sales Development Representative
Hallam is an award-winning digital marketing agency with HQ in Nottingham, offices in London, Leeds, Ashford and Malaga. We’re super proud to say we’ve recently been awarded Sunday Times top 100 places to work, an award we’ve worked incredibly hard to achieve. Our commitment to making your working environment the most rewarding, progressive and fun as it can be drives this. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to be happy at work. Work should exist to make home life better, not the other way around.
We are looking for an ambitious and personable SDR to join the team. In this role you will support the Sales team by growing the agency’s network and prospecting for new, exciting opportunities for Hallam. You’ll work with the marketing and strategy team to uncover future trends and key areas of interest for our target markets, and reach out to brands to begin their Hallam journey, before handing over to the wider Sales team to continue the conversation and setting them up for success.
You’ll be an important figure in managing a fast-moving and demanding (and no that doesn’t mean you work all hours!) part of the business, adding your own experience and energy to help us continue to spot the best opportunities and quickly establish the right way to improve the process.
The skills and qualities we’re looking for:
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with customers from the first conversation
- Happy working both independently and as a facilitator bringing together a wide team from across the agency to deliver prospective clients
- Organised and able to follow and optimise an ever-evolving sales process when so many moving parts are involved
- Growth-oriented and will proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Enjoys the challenge and rewards of a fast-paced agency environment but wants to deliver Sales in a better way - focused on selling the right thing to the right brands
- A confident networker, talking to customers through various mediums
- Ability to adjust well to feedback and changing priorities
- Lead Generation: Utilise a variety of sources, including market research, social media, email campaigns, and cold outreach, to generate initial appointments and leads for the Hallam team
- Client Research: Conduct in-depth research to understand prospective clients, their industries, pain points, and objectives
- Outreach: Initiate contact with potential clients through phone calls, emails, and personalised messages, presenting the agency's services and capabilities effectively
- Appointment Setting: Schedule meetings and calls between prospective clients and the agency's sales team
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with prospects to foster long-term business partnerships
- Sales Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the sales team to ensure a smooth transition from lead generation to the sales process, providing comprehensive insights on potential clients
- Reporting and Analytics: Maintain accurate records of all interactions and communications with potential clients in our CRM system. Provide regular reports on lead generation activities and results
- Previous experience in a BDR/SDR role is required, either in tech or agency sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with CRM software (we use Hubspot)
- Familiarity with marketing and advertising concepts is a plus
What is it like working at Hallam?
Whilst every agency under the sun seems to offer fruit at the office and office dogs these days (of which we do), we’re proud to offer plenty of other benefits:
- A progressive agency that is driven by its people and values, not just profit
- Company bonus scheme
- Quarterly retros where your voice is genuinely heard and changes are made - this is your opportunity to make a difference to your place of work
- Unlimited remote work policy*
- Generous and continuous training and learning programmes, both individually agreed by your manager and company-wide programmes
- Wellbeing and mental health programmes including counselling
- 2 days per month of ‘Thrive Time’ - this is your personal development time you can spend on anything you want. Want to focus on innovation? Volunteer for a charity? Enroll on a CIM or MBA? You’ll have the time to do this.
- Volunteering scheme for local or national charities
- Financial planning and help
- Extended compassionate leave
- Subsidised travel
- Regular team events and celebrations
*Based on our 3 principles: Work from anywhere, Freedom to choose and Cultural Unity. We believe everyone has the right to work from wherever they want. This choice will always lie with the employee and not the employer. We hire the best and trust you to manage and deliver your own work. Whether you are 100% remote, hybrid or come into our Nottingham office every day, every Hallamer is an equally important part of our culture. For more information visit The Future of Work at Hallam
Salary up to £45k, depending on experience.
We're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, we highly encourage applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. Being an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, gender, or disability.
Performance with purpose