Head of Agency Growth
- Responsible for Agency growth, delivered through a combination of brand, marketing and business development programmes and initiatives.
- Tasked with increasing Somersault’s profile amongst our key target client groups, building a strong, relevant and interesting profile across key external channels, and managing an organised programme of activity to drive engagement and enquiries.
- Ideal person will be an experienced marketing professional with a track record of delivering growth within B2B. Someone that’s dynamic, hands on, capable of doing as well as directing.
- Position reports to CEO / founder, working alongside the breadth of the agency team. Member of Agency management team.
- Full time, permanent position. Office location: Sawston, Cambridge. High spec industrial office space with studio. Hybrid working options.
- Base salary £50,000-£65,000 (dependent on experience) plus performance related bonus and benefits.
As our Head of Growth you’ll play a key role in delivering our agency growth plan, and in turn make a significant contribution to the business achieving its strategic goals over the coming years. You’ll be one of the senior team in the business, confident in owning a key component of the Company’s strategy and able to independently produce and deliver plans that achieve success.
Your role will cover a breadth of responsibilities and the work will encompass a wide range of marketing and business development activities aimed at accelerating business growth. As well as managing our brand and various digital platforms and content programmes, we’ll be organising and attending events, generating coverage through PR, and submitting award entries. It’ll need an individual that thrives on being busy, can work independently, manage multiple project lines and keep it all nicely organised too. For all roles we’re looking for people that will bring energy, high standards and determination to make things happen.
- Increased awareness and understanding across our target client group.
- Engagement with key target contacts, through consistent, relevant and interesting content and activity.
- Delivering quality and qualified leads and enquiries in line with agreed targets, supporting the client team to convert conversations into long term relationships.
- Increased followers and improved engagement / sentiment across key social channels.
- Delivery of wider activities (events, award wins) that drive increased credibility and reputation.
- Maintain and improve agency website and other digital touch points. Deliver continuous programme of content and digital collateral to support client conversations.
- Maintain high quality records of activity and utilise systems that enable us to monitor success and impact.
- You’re dynamic and someone that is known for getting things done.
- Experienced in B2B marketing, and in tune with the kind of activity and positioning that modern businesses need to take to attract the right sort of clients.
- You’ve delivered in your previous roles, and have been regarded as one of the team that has really made a difference.
- You’ll ideally have marketing qualifications although we’re more interested in the results you’ve achieved and other forms of evidence that you can deliver in the role.
- You’re organised, professional, respectful and fun to be around. You recognise that everyone has a role in bringing energy and ideas to a business, and you’re someone that wants to contribute to the overall experience of being part of a high performing team.
- Ideally you’ll have successfully managed and mentored others, and learned skills in building cross functional relationships too.
How we recruit:
We operate a three stage process, beginning with a video call followed by two in person meetings. You’ll meet a number of people from the team; we think it’s important that you get to meet several of the team, and it’s equally important for the team to be involved in deciding who we hire.
In the final stage interview we ask candidates to prepare a response to a task. For a position of this seniority and responsibility we may ask you to join us for a few hours, to work through some planning tasks together. We feel that this investment is really beneficial for both sides and gives mutual confidence that when an offer is made and accepted, it’s done with total confidence.
Cambridge based B2B Tech focussed agency