Content Manager (Podcast & Writer)
Hey lovely marketers,
My name's Ben, I'm the founder of How the F*ck (HTF).
I started building the publication as it is today (a podcast, newsletter, and journal) on the weekends about two years ago. It really started to take off 6-12 months into the journey and my baby became my full-time job.
We've since been sponsored by companies like Ahrefs, WriterZen, and Workello, and have grown to 6,000+ subscribers, 30,000+ social followers, and thousands of podcast listeners each month. 🎉
However, as a team of one...I'm hitting a growth wall. Too many ideas, not enough time. This has been a super fun project so far but to move to the next stage of growth: I need you!
I'm looking for How the F*ck's #2. A right-hand person who can own core tasks across the business so I can focus on marketing and growth. For now, that means you'll do operational tasks (like managing the podcast), but you'll also be heavily involved in creative work like newsletter and content writing.
- Podcast write-ups: Each week, you'll turn the podcast into flashy growth case studies (example: https://seo.thefxck.com/interviews/how-maze-co-built-an-seo-revenue-engine/).
- Newsletter writing/editing: We have two newsletters. One free, one premium. We'll work together to deliver the most helpful content to the audience each week.
- Podcast operations: Getting it to the editor, uploading, writing summaries, sourcing guests, and writing titles.
- Social media operations: Right now, I've focused on growing my own social accounts and neglected the company account. We have tons of content and video sitting, waiting to be used. Together, we'll build the company channel.
Time & location:
The role is two days per week for now, which lends itself naturally to anyone already working as a freelancer or on their own side projects. As the community grows my goal is for this role to become full-time.
Location is completely flexible. Work wherever, whenever. I'm from the UK but currently live in Melbourne and have spent the past 6 months traveling through Asia - so no corporate BS here.
Our goal at HTF is to educate SEOs and content marketers through journalist-style teardowns, real interviews, and long-form strategy guides. People love us for obsessing over the quality of our content and insights, and so the right candidate will be just as obsessed as I am about these things.
You'll also have these characteristics:
- Organized and reliable: Able to bring a consistent, streamlined approach to the operation. We love building systems and need more of them!
- Obsessive learner: SEO & content marketing is evolving rapidly. You'll be keen to grow with it and become a leader in this field.
- Strong writer: You'll have strong opinions about what good and bad looks like across social and blog content.
- Growth-focused: You'll have an eye for avoiding low-value tasks and focusing on what really matters for HTF's growth.
- Excited about SEO/content: We're building the next big community for SEO and content marketers. You'll ideally be excited about that!
Sound like a bit of you? Drop me an email or send a LinkedIn message✌️
My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjamingoodey/
P.S. HUGE bonus points for knowing anything about video production and social media growth.