Award-winning Internet of Things company IoT Solutions Group is seeking a pro-active, creative and ambitious Content Creator to join their fun, productive and growing marketing function.
Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday
Location: Primarily remote - ideally in southern England for regular Marketing Team meetings in Poole/Bournemouth, especially in the first few months of the role. There will also be occasional trips to the Watford office and co-working opportunities in Poole/Bournemouth.
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
Report: Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Digital Marketing Executive (and other members of the IoTSG team)
As IoTSG's Content Creator, you will play a critical role in communicating what we do and why we do it. In alignment with the plan for the growing business, you will be the go-to creator of written, designed and edited content.
Having hired our first in-house marketer, now our Head of Marketing, two years again, we are looking to continue growing our brands and increase lead generation by expanding our marketing team. This is a highly varied and exciting role in a rapidly growing company where no two days are the same!
About IoT Solutions Group
We are a growing organisation with ambitious plans to make a positive difference in people's lives through Internet of Things technology, and we have already saved lives.
We work with private and public sector organisations, helping them deliver their services more efficiently and with greater impact. Our solutions help improve environments, reduce vehicle emissions, minimise service and maintenance costs across several areas and enhance the lives of vulnerable people.
We launched in 2018 to bring the power of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to the masses without the need for complex, multi-party procurement and integration.
Our team is hungry, dynamic, honest and collaborative. We challenge each other, we have fun, and we disrupt.
For the right applicant, there is an excellent opportunity to grow with the organisation, reap significant returns and be a crucial cog in the company's future success.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a recent marketing qualification, 2+ years of content creation experience and be ready to flex their content muscles in a growing company!
Ideally, you will be skilled in crafting compelling written content for various media, including adverts, websites, blog posts, social media, email campaigns, printed materials and case studies. Experience and an interest in creating graphical content for social media posts and marketing collateral would also be advantageous. Experience using PowerPoint, Canva and Hubspot would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, within the team and with customers. You will need to have an excellent grasp of the English language and an ability to take technical information and craft it into clear, compelling copy that aligns with our audiences' desires.
You will have a natural curiosity and interest in technology for social impact. You will be keen to understand our customers and target audiences inside out to craft the best possible content. Additionally, you will have an eye for analytics and continually evaluate content for performance optimisation.
As our first in-house content creator, you will have the opportunity to shape and craft the brand tone and voice for both the IoTSG and DORIS care brands as the company grows.
To support the continued growth of the business, we are building a proactive, creative and dynamic marketing team that is driven to achieve and loves to test and learn but enjoys doing it. Every colleague in IoTSG has a voice, and we welcome new ideas, feedback and criticisms. Bring your ideas to the table, and we can create, test and learn together!
Role Responsibilities and Activities
- Research target audience - identifying potential content needs to craft copy accordingly
- Create a wide variety of compelling content - for multi-channel campaigns in alignment with the content plan. This will include content for adverts, events, social media, website, press releases, marketing collateral, presentations, email campaigns and case studies.
- Create graphical content – using Canva or similar, create attractive and appealing graphics for social media and various marketing collateral
- Analyse performance – of various content for continuous improvement in line with audience needs
- Execute email campaigns – take ownership of our email campaigns function to existing customers, providing valuable updates and helpful information to maintain brand advocacy
- Support our resellers – in creating dual-branded content that adheres to our brand guidelines as well as meeting their marketing needs
- Ensure brand guidelines – make sure that every piece of internal and external content creation adheres to the brand
- Maintain our marketing collateral – regularly update our suite of marketing collateral for all products and create marketing materials for new products in our development pipeline
If this sounds like you, and the thought of working for a fast-paced, growing, life-saving technology company sounds exciting, please send a CV and cover letter detailing why you would be an excellent fit for the role (in 400 words or less).
Improving communities through award-winning remote monitoring