Please note: This role involves hybrid working, with 1-2 days a week at home possible. Travelling to the office in Ormskirk at least three days a week is essential.
An energetic and experienced Marketing Manager is needed for this exciting role with Distant Journeys. Keen to progress their career in the travel industry, this role will provide support to the Head of Marketing and wider Marketing function whilst managing one direct report. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing campaigns both on and offline. With an excellent understanding of the marketing delivery chain, this role will work on fast-paced and challenging campaigns spanning web, social, email, paid search, direct mail and advertising, with support from the wider Marketing team, aimed at driving maximum ROI.
As Marketing Manager you will be responsible for customer-facing marketing activities for the entire portfolio. You will be required to craft the messaging and positioning as well as driving and continually developing innovative marketing campaigns that drive demand.
You must have incredible attention to detail and an eye for quality, copywriting and proofing are an important part of this role, as well as the ability to understand the products quickly.
Key areas of responsibility
- Plan marketing campaigns both on and offline, ensuring communications and promotions are executed across all channels effectively
- Manage website marketing activity, updates and promotions, ensuring all content is up-to-date, relevant and drives revenue
- Take responsibility for briefing, testing and approving customer emails
- Ensure all customer-facing communications and collateral are briefed, written and proofed to a high standard, and ensure that visual identity guidelines are implemented consistently
- Liaise with key relevant departments to ensure all departments are briefed on current and upcoming activity
- Working with the wider Marketing team, monitor the response and conversion rates of all marketing campaigns, produce end of campaign reports and evaluate the results to improve future campaign
- Working with the Head of Marketing, support in the development of product positioning and messaging that differentiates Distant Journeys
- Monitor and report on website activity and ensure maximum traffic is generated via promotions and campaigns
- Working closely with the wider Marketing team, develop a social media calendar and monitor reach and engagement
- Budget tracking responsibility to ensure marketing spend is controlled
- General support. Support the Head of Marketing and wider Marketing function where required
Who we're looking for
As the Marketing Manager you will be need to be a strong communicator, confident in a fast-paced environment with an exceptional eye for detail and a passion for the travel industry. In addition to this we’re looking someone with the following experience and qualities:
- At least five years’ marketing experience, ideally within the travel industry
- Relevant Marketing degree or qualification preferable
- Proven track record of planning and carrying out effective marketing campaigns
- Website content management experience, understanding of SEO and PPC
- Experience in print management and direct mail preferable
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Grammatically and computer literate, with knowledge of commercial packages such as Microsoft Office
- Able to balance creative flair with analysis and be confident with spread sheets and understand statistics, trends and budget models
- Well organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Task-orientated and have the ability to work on own initiative as well as work closely with other team members
- Have a strong customer focus and an eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent copy writing and proof-reading skills
Your Time to Explore