We are seeking a Research Manager to work for the only research agency to cover the length of the UK food supply chain from those that grow the food to those that eat it.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join our business as it enters its next exciting growth phase.
The role would suit an individual who is looking to significantly grow with an organisation and be part of the growth journey.
As a group we work with clients of all sizes, from start-ups to the world’s biggest food and drink suppliers working across agriculture, manufacturing, retail.
The primary focus for this role is to successfully manage and deliver research programs across our key clients. You will be set operational and service level targets and expected to deliver this as part of the project management, as well as execute projects with the support of the wider research team.
Whether you’re a quali, a quanti, or a mixture of the two, our variety of projects means you’ll find the perfect opportunity to thrive in the work you’re best at.
You will report to the Account Director and work closely with the Managing Director. You will be responsible for the management of research executives and contractors on the projects you lead on.
The role requirements are –
- Managing and overseeing research projects for clients from end to end (Client and supplier management)
- Developing research methodologies and ensuring they are properly implemented
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify key insights and recommendations.
- Providing strategic guidance and recommendations to clients based on research findings.
- Articulate and present insights back to client
- Work with other managers and directors to win new work from new and existing clients and proactively identify new business opportunities both in terms of research services;
- Build proposals with accurate costs and help drive new business
- Plan and manage resources effectively, including financial budgets;
- Ensure that the company is up to date with developments in specified industry areas and research markets that you are responsible for.
- Managing junior team members and fieldwork researchers
Quantitative Fieldwork and end analysis
You can take a brief from a colleague, ask the right questions, and - once the brief is clear - you know where to look for existing insight. You’re quick to spot trends, can synthetise info from different resources and present it in an engaging way.
Qualitative fieldwork management
Contacting suppliers and research participants, briefing research participants to support their engagement on the project, finding and reviewing research venues, as well as supporting the project team with fieldwork-specific organisation and staying on top of timelines.
Research moderation - with support from senior team members
You have probably observed plenty of research sessions and are great at taking notes and finding themes for reporting. Preferably - you had some experience moderating too, either online, offline or both. At KI, our research sessions are with children, so we take pride in working with and growing the talent for engaging, playful, immersive moderation.
You know how to write an engaging and empathetic survey. Even if you’ve not had a lot of experience in this, you understand survey flow and how to ask the right questions.
Survey management & analysis
Working with panels, cleaning the data and understanding the foundations of charting in Excel. Amazing (but not essential) if … you can work with or understand the principles of survey scripting & statistical analysis.
Analysing data to craft a compelling & actionable story
The way in which we report is always focused on audience needs and a strong understanding of our clients’ business. You will support the process of creating presentations as you synthetise learnings, visualise insights, craft stories and create frameworks to support decision making.
Contributing to the ongoing development of the wider business’ knowledge base
As a member of our team, you will be jointly responsible for sharing relevant industry and project knowledge with team members.
Skills and experience
This role would require 3+ years experience in agency or client side research roles. Would suit a current RM looking for a change of scene or a SRE looking for the next step up. Part time hours and hybrid remote work schedules considered for the right person.
Experience OR qualifications in any of the following areas an advantage;
- Demonstrable experience in statistical analysis
- Experience in a technical or digital role and application to research (eg AI)
- Marketing or market strategy
- CIM/MRS qualifications
Key Skills in the following areas desired:
- You’ll need to have hands on experience of delivering research both quant and qual. From writing discussion guides and moderating sessions to creating research screeners, a survey and analysing tables.
- You need to want to know the answer to the question and be driven uncover the insights using a wide range of both qual and quant research methodologies
- You need to be able to effectively interpret, and explain data and insights to a non-technical audience
- We want people who are not satisfied with their current knowledge and are always striving to learn more
- You need to be able to articulate yourself well and be easy to deal with.
- You’ll need to be able to write research reports for a range of audiences and expertise
- You need to be able to bring research findings to life, know your way around a PowerPoint deck and are able to follow established brand guides
- Effectively manage multiple tasks at once and anticipate problems / clashes and how to avoid them. Confidently and professionally communicate with clients in written and verbal comms - including workshops, status calls, research debriefs and ongoing project emails
- There is a lot going on and so you need to be able to manage multiple projects and tasks and have a good understanding of time and activity management.
- You’ll need to work to (sometimes tight) deadlines with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- You’ll need to have good record keeping skills in accordance with GDPR
- There will be times when you are on your own and you need to be able to thrive and self-motivate
- You’ll be working with a team to deliver projects, some you’ll manage and some you won’t. You’ll need to be liked and respected by everyone. Life’s too short to work with people who make life harder for everyone else.
· Contribute to the development and profile of our research expertise with customers and key influencers online, at events and through your own networking.
What we offer
- It is a full-time role but would consider someone looking for a part time role.
- Office based at Lynchwood in Peterborough
- Hybrid, flexible working
- Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days holidays (including bank and public holidays)
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Share Options
- Structured training opportunities and development plans with direct investment in you
- Commitment to a healthy work-life balance and on site gym
- A truly supportive team and culture that wants you to succeed
- Possibly the most diverse research challenges you will find in a small agency with more autonomy to deliver creatively than you will find elsewhere.
Asking Questions, Questioning Answers