Digital PR Strategist
We're looking for an ambitious Digital PR Strategist to join the team and help us continue to deliver award-winning results for our clients.
If you're a PR account manager, senior account exec or similar, this could be the role for you.
Impression were recently ranked fourth in UK's Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing (medium-sized companies), and we continuously strive to ensure the best possible work-life balance for our team.
As a successful candidate, you will be given a clear progression path. We want rising talent to grow with us and there is ample opportunity for you to progress to the next level.
We are also very proud to have been listed on the “Flexa 100” Most Flexible Companies to work for and to be officially recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Our Digital PR team is an integral part of our business. Working alongside our SEO and PPC teams, our digital PR Strategists are responsible for the generation of newsworthy content which will appeal to our clients' target audiences as well as gaining media coverage.
We’re currently looking for a Digital PR Strategist to join our team and contribute to our ongoing evolution and success.
Who are you?
We're looking for someone with a passion for PR and a hunger to excel in this exciting role.
To be considered for the digital PR Strategist role at Impression, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the role of digital PR in the wider marketing landscape
- Share campaigns you've been involved in or seen from the industry and explain what you liked and why they worked well
- Have some demonstrable experience supporting on, and managing Digital PR campaigns across a range of verticals (or similar), potentially around 24 months in total
- Have experience of managing strategy and/or PR accounts, demonstrating management of the full client lifecycle, from pitching strategy and analysis to strategy implementation and client communication
- Be skilled in managing your own workload and delivering to an exceptional standard
- Have excellent copywriting skills
- Be an engaging, confident communicator, with experience presenting results and updates to key client stakeholders
- Have a vision of where Digital PR as an industry is going
- You enjoy working with others as a part of a team, and want to continue working in a collaborative environment to meet shared goals
- Agency experience advantageous but not essential
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in link auditing tasks such as backlink analysis and competitor link reviews
- Conducting keyword research and working closely with the SEO strategists to identify new opportunities for our clients
- Writing press releases and thought leadership style articles
- Analysing data with a view to creating ‘news from nothing’
- Gathering comments and opinions as assets to share with the media
- Supporting in the development of creative campaign ideas and seeing these through to execution
- Building outreach lists and engaging in journalist relationship activities
- Leading and overseeing account activity, including devising and implementing strategy and delegating to the wider team, with the goal of getting our content placed in relevant target publications and websites
- Ideating and showing your creativity when coming up with campaign pitch ideas for client accounts
- Reporting campaign results to clients through regular structured and ad-hoc reporting
- Contributing to the wider Impression business marketing goals, including regular blogging and delivery of occasional training sessions
- Self learning to ensure you’re always up to date on the industry and inspired by other creative PR campaigns
- Ongoing involvement in on page SEO training and a passion for keeping up to date with the latest in search engine optimisation techniques (especially regarding links)
- Challenging yourself, your team, and your clients to ensure we’re always collectively driving in the same direction whilst being respectful, fair, and focused on results as we do it.
- Getting involved with new business pitching, showcasing your expert knowledge to receptive prospects.
Why work for us?
Be a part of a team that has recently won accolades from the Drum, UK Content Awards and more. Our Digital PR team is growing, and so is our client roster. Join us on our high-growth journey and be part of a culture that prioritises your health, wellbeing and personal development.
Some of the good stuff:
- A starting salary of £27,500 - £31,500 DOE with a transparent career progression framework and regular quarterly performance reviews
- 28 days annual leave (plus your 8 bank holidays in 2022 means over SEVEN weeks off work to spend on travels/family-time/hobbies/chillin’)
- Flexible and hybrid working, we like to balance remote time with time in the office collaborating and having fun in person whatever works for you!
- Private medical insurance and access to mental health support systems, including remote therapy sessions
- A full social calendar with a planned social event each month (Summer & Christmas parties are usually off-site!)
- Enhanced sick pay - 8 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay in 12 month period
- 3% employer pension contribution, with an additional 1% based on company performance
- Extended maternity & paternity leave, for you to take care of the newest member of your family
- Life leave – moving house? taking a loved one to a hospital appointment? Sometimes the unexpected happens in your life and you need some paid leave
- Special savings on bikes and tech through Cyclescheme and Techscheme respectively
- Access to Perkbox, an online portal full of amazing discounts and freebies
- The usual agency stuff – office dogs, yoga, drinks fridge, zumba, ping pong etc
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We're listening and we're learning.
We’re committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities, both within our teams and through the services we provide. But we know we still have work to do. Improving fairness – in our agency and our industry – is something we’re passionate about, and we’re committed to having the conversations, making the changes and helping other businesses to do the same.
We pledge to promote equal opportunities and, as per the Equality Act 2010, will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, caring responsibilities or beliefs. We’ll also make every effort to represent different genders, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds and sexualities at the events, panels and discussions we run.
Your application has been successfully submitted.