Senior Events Executive
Established over 30 years ago here at Lifeplus our mission is to be the world leader in holistic wellbeing by helping millions of people to unlock the wellness within them.
We manufacture and distribute high quality nutritional supplements directly to our customers all over the world. We are proud to have a team of enthusiastic customers and colleagues who are all dedicated to creating a legacy of wellbeing.
At Lifeplus we celebrate and embrace diversity and we believe that our success comes from creating a caring and fun community.
Our marketing team is growing and we need motivated and enthusiastic people to help us deliver inspiring events for our customers across Europe.
This role should be viewed as an opportunity to progress for someone with ambition, energy and an appetite to work in brand marketing.
Lifeplus’ marketing team are based in the UK and are responsible for the development and creation of a significant series of high profile events throughout Europe. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with a marketing background and a proven track record in events management, having successfully delivered large scale and complex B2C events. You will be joining our existing event team and will need to hit the ground running to support the Senior Marketing Manager in preparing for our upcoming events.
This role will include but is not limited to:
Event Management and Development:
- Work closely with the Marketing Event Manager and Senior Marketing Event Manager to ensure the timely and professional delivery of existing events; manage all aspects of the logistics of setting up and delivering events, including publicity, venues, invitations and attendance, material and audio-visual resources, refreshments and accommodation; contribute to the setting of budgets for specific events; evaluation of events including the collation and analysis of data; organise and manage a programme of workshops, stakeholder meetings and training events; act as the first point of contact for all enquiries relating to the events.
- Working closely with management to develop new event opportunities within emerging markets such as sponsorship and exhibition packages.
- Manage the production event marketing collateral and communications working closely with marketing services teams.
- Work closely with the Customer Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure that event marketing communications are joined up and complementary.
- Work with key Lifeplus stakeholders in helping to develop the marketing strategy for events and assist in its delivery; produce detailed marketing plans; assist in the production of marketing materials and distribute these to promote events; promote events to new and existing audiences, liaise with the marketing team.
- Monitor and forecast an accurate marketing and event budget.
- Marketing planning experience at strategic level including budgeting, projecting and accounting for ROI, preferably within a FMCG context.
- Significant event planning and management experience, in house and working with agencies; including logistics and financial management along with proven experience of organising large and complex events with 1000+ participants and including post-event evaluation, producing reports encompassing financial expenditure and attendance records.
- Brand Management experience, monitoring and maintaining the approved imagery and phrasing of corporate brand.
- Confidence in creating mood boards and proposals to present new event ideas and ways to bring our brand to life.
- Creative flair for effective design of marketing materials.
- Experience in working with creative agencies, pitching through to appointment and project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence at all levels and able to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and working experience of word processing and database packages, including MS Office.
- Budgeting, planning, organisational and project management skills to pprioritise and manage workload to tight deadlines, with a minimum of supervision.
- Flexibility to travel throughout Europe and to work varying hours including evening and weekend work. Desirable Skills/Experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a communications related subject.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in marketing/event and ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of marketing activities.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of managing and promoting events.
- Second language: German and/or French would be an added advantage.
What we offer you:
- Rewarding salary packages
- Contributory pension scheme of up to 6%
- Opportunity to buy & sell holiday
- Gym membership discounts
- Contributory hospital and health cash plan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Free Lifeplus nutritional and personal care products at work
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on leading brands and retailers
Hours and Days:
- Monday to Friday 37.5hrs per week. Flexibility in hours and days would be expected. (European travel will be required)
- This role involves a mixture of home and office working, however we do ask candidates are able to commute to our St Neots Office
The responsibilities and attributes listed above is indicative it is not exhaustive and is not designed to limit or inhibit the way we work or how the role develops. This is intended to be a fluid document and indicates how we currently see the role.
- Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
- Please advise us in advance if you have any special requirements if you are asked to attend an interview
We are Lifeplus Europe Limited (“Lifeplus”), Lifeplus House, Little End Road, St Neots, PE19 8JH, England, T: +44 1480 224623, E: firstname.lastname@example.org. On submission of your application your CV and contact details will be collected, and retained by Lifeplus. We will process your personal information for recruitment purposes only. Your personal information will be stored in our applicant tracking system (located in the UK), and will only be shared with other members of the Lifeplus group of companies (including those located outside of the EEA) where necessary.
Your personal information is retained for a 12 month period; when this period is over we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it on our database for future roles or suitable opportunities. Our lawful basis for retaining this information is legitimate interest. For more details on how Lifeplus treats your personal information please see the Privacy Notice https://www.careersatlp.com/privacy-cookies/ or contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.