Business Development Executive
Are you looking for a role where your colleagues are bright and engaged, the work is rewarding, and there’s plenty of opportunity for progression? At Receptional, we love working with challenger brands that are changing the world. It means we’re growing fast and looking for a Business Development Executive to grow with us.
This is a hybrid role, with 3 days in our Bedford office and 2 at home every week.
First and foremost, we're looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven and personable candidate, who's keen to learn and grow within our business development team (recently named one of the best by the ALF Awards).
You'll report in to the New Business Manager and Marketing Manager, and contribute to the team and agency’s short-term plans and long-term vision.
Once you join the agency, an understanding of our mission, promise, purpose and values is key. Being able to communicate this to clients in a professional and engaging manner will be crucial.
You'll work to clear goals. Your performance will be measured and reviewed with the support of your team and relevant training.
The successful candidate will support the agency via phone and desk research in:
- Building relationships with prospects through researching new clients, sectors and markets;
- Securing attendees to our webinars and events;
- Gathering intelligence on growth sectors and markets;
- Understanding our best-in-class case studies; and
- Updating sales materials such as agency credentials.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2 years' experience in liaising and building relationships with warm and cold prospects over the phone (we'll ask about your experience, particularly call targets and success rates, in the interview);
- Have great verbal communication skills, including active listening ability;
- Be on the ball and observant, to identify opportunities for the agency;
- Be analytical, to accurately capture relevant details from your findings and the conversations you have;
- Be detail orientated, driven and resilient in a fast-paced environment;
- Have extremely good time management skills;
- Have experience and/or interest in digital marketing or advertising;
- Have knowledge of sports, gaming and/or financial services (preferred but not essential);
- Be able to use tools such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, CRM systems and LinkedIn Sales Navigator;
- Be able to commute into Bedford 3 days a week and work from home for 2.
Our Values and Benefits
Every half-decent agency has a beer fridge and free fruit. It’s all a bit samey, a bit bleugh. We take a different approach, with benefits based around our five core values. But there is, of course, free beer and fruit, if you want it.
We have open, honest conversations and strive to communicate clearly and constructively.
- Company-wide meetings every Monday
- Whole-team business reviews every quarter
- Twice yearly appraisals
- Transparent pay scale and skills matrix
- Bonuses split equally among the team
We invest in innovation, thought leadership and wellbeing, to improve our people and work.
- Free fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Mental health training and first aiders
- Annual health check and flu jab
- Fantastic pension plans
- Enhanced pay for parental/adoption leave
We’re flexible in our work and value creative thinking. We get shit done.
- 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- Modern, spacious office with table tennis
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Your own high-spec PC
- Monthly rewards for top performers
We’re an integrated team. We see strength in diversity and value collective expertise.
- A focus group to make everyone’s voice heard
- Quarterly days out - from canoeing to falconry
- Team fundraising for our charity of the year
- Celebrations for Pride, Black History Month and more
We’re inquisitive and think beyond the brief. Information and experience make us smarter.
- Weekly company-wide lunch ‘n’ learns
- Generous ongoing training plans
- The day off on your birthday
- 22 days annual leave, rising to 27 with 5 years’ service
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Smarter Digital Thinking