Business Development and Bids Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role will play a key part in attracting and winning new business for the firm. Working closely with Partners, other senior fee-earners, the wider Marketing team and external suppliers, it requires a combination of a business development mindset, with the project management and creative skills required to deliver effective sales and marketing material.
Although the primary focus is the effective production of our bid material (written submissions and pitch presentations), there will also be ample opportunity to contribute to the wider marketing process, from brand awareness campaigns to creating specific business development collateral aimed at prospective clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with Partners, senior fee-earners and subject matter experts to develop tailored fee proposals, submissions or presentations to specific clients and prospects by;
- Working with the Client Lead for each bid, coordinating bid teams to agree bid delivery plan
- Project managing the production of written proposals from start to finish to ensure all key deadlines are met, ensuring consistently high quality, customer-focused tender responses are produced within the allocated time frame
- Coordinating the writing, reviewing, proof reading and amending of bid responses for all bid documentation
- Managing the production of bid documentation including working with design teams to enhance the visual impact of bids and presentations
- Scoping content for pitch presentations with presentation teams and coordinate to prepare for key presentations
- Providing internal feedback on trends in bids and presentations, managing and developing pitch statistics
- Developing and maintaining corporate bid content including; partner bios, company credentials and case studies
- Monitoring bid costs and delivering bids within agreed budgets, as appropriate
- Maintaining a bid library and other relevant business development collateral.
Business Development Support
Support Partners and senior fee-earners to develop relationships with prospective clients through;
- Collaborating with Marketing and internal stakeholders to write, edit and produce sales collateral for various service lines, to include; credentials presentations, brochures, case studies, internal briefings etc.
- Attending business development and marketing planning meetings with Partners, Business Development and Marketing teams
- Collaborating with Partners and wider Business Development teams on other business development initiatives that encourage and drive new business opportunities
- Supporting Business Development teams by helping to maintain target lists and data.
Collaborate with the wider Marketing team by;
- Contributing to the development of content for various marketing channels including; web, social, PR and email marketing
- Inputting into the marketing and business development planning process
- Providing support to client events as required
- Communicating internally on marketing & business development activity, including through the firm’s intranet, The Hub
- Providing ad-hoc support to other marketing activities of the firm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This new position would ideally suit an ambitious Business Development/Marketing Manager or Senior Executive looking to make the next step in their career, by playing a key role in the firm’s business development activities. Ideally you will have;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development/marketing in professional services
- Degree qualified
- Ideally knowledge or experience of the real estate sector, although not essential
- Experience of pitching for, and winning, new instructions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a presence to collaborate with, and influence, senior fee-earners
- A relentless attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment and the duties may be amended from time to time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.