Communications & Engagement Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
WELCOME TO KFC
Welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Our world famous chicken restaurant brand all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. He started travelling by car to different restaurants and cooked his fried chicken on the spot for restaurant owners. He did this at the age of 65. If the owner liked the chicken, they would enter into a handshake agreement to sell the Colonel’s chicken. Legend has it that Colonel Sanders heard 1009 “No’s” before he heard his first yes. The Colonel’s story still inspires us today. It reminds us how grit, perseverance, dedication and ambition along with hard work can create success; regardless of your age or where you come from.
Our purpose as an employer is to empower our people to find their own secret recipe in life too.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
KFC are on the lookout for a creative communicator to join the team. Our mission is to create a relevant, easy and distinctive internal KFC experience that connects our teams with the brand strategy, brings our people promise to life and creates a sense of belonging to build brand love from the inside out.
You’ll be the internal voice of our brand, building brand love and loyalty amongst our c.30,000 employees, keeping them connected to the brand, engaged and entertained through creative content, witty conversation and most likely… memes. You’ll also tap into our incredible employees to unlock powerful story-telling opportunities and support the wider employer brand strategy.
You’ll take the lead on organizing our industry recognised events with our agency partners, delivering our distinctive KFC experience at every touch point and also head up engagement projects to transform the Team Member experience at KFC.
This is a unique opportunity within a growing, award-winning team at one of the largest, best-loved brands in the UK. The role offers immediate exposure to all areas of the business as you partner and collaborate with our executive team, the PR and social team, our agencies, our franchisees and our operations teams (to name just a few). You’ll also have the opportunity to influence and shape how we talk to our teams in the future, including exciting new platforms and channels.
We’re looking for an original – an innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic person who always has their finger firmly on the pulse. Someone that can naturally adapt to the fun, fresh, bold KFC tone of voice. There’s buckets of opportunity to grow as part of an ambitious brand and we’d love you to be keen to adapt and grow your career within KFC and Yum!
And did we mention there would be chicken?! Probably should have led with that…
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Lead our events calendar – from our monthly townhall meetings to our annual RGM Conference with over 1500 delegates
- Lead strategic internal engagement projects
- Support the day-to-day management of our internal communication channels and platforms, including; newsletters, digital screens and internal social media ensuring content is relevant, easy to engage with and distinctive.
- Support the day-to-day management of our employer brand channels such as linked in and Instagram.
- Create and execute content for our internal communications and employer brand strategy – planning, scheduling, copywriting and coordinating cross functionally.
- Create ad hoc organisational announcements.
- Management of internal campaigns for initiatives such as International Women’s Day, Pride, Mental Health Awareness and project and product launches to name a few.
- Continual measurement of the effectiveness of our communications channels - building reports to share results back to the business, offering insight and learnings and working to improve platform reach and engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our creative agencies.
- Work closely with cross functional departments, global communications partners, and franchise partners to source and develop brand news and stories and best practice from across the organisation.
- Partner with events, facilities and other project managers to support communications projects as needed.
WHAT WE’D LOVE FROM YOU
EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITY
- First class, versatile copywriting skills. The successful candidate will be able to adapt instantly to the KFC tone of voice or flex dependent on executive voice, with flawless grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Creativity and imagination, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work collaboratively, respond to feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders on best practice for employee communications.
- Problem solving and analytical capability to interpret data, analyse findings and use these to implement new communication strategies.
- Ability to multitask leading different projects and work under pressure, with changing priorities, tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in internal communications, PR or Social Media
- Experience leading brand building events and activations
Attitude & Personality
- Enthusiasm about the brand is a must. We only want people who love KFC!
- Great judgment mixed with maturity, flexibility and resilience are key qualities that we’re looking for.
- We’re looking for a team player who embraces the company culture and gets involved.
- Ability to remain positive and motivated and inspire those around you.
- We’ll need you to show patience, resilience and be able to make judgment calls under pressure.
- We’re looking for someone solution driven, meaning you’ll be inquisitive, tenacious and determined… always looking for new ways to deliver ground-breaking work.
Additionally, our ideal candidate is:
- Culturally “plugged in” and understands what makes communication relevant, easy and distinctive.
- Tech savvy with an interest in social media and communications platforms
- You are creative, the person everyone wants to invite to their brainstorm
- A brand storyteller: You can identify the most compelling stories and angles that showcase our culture and our people.
- A wordsmith: while employee engagement is your focus, you’re also a talented writer.
- Discerning, practical and resourceful: You know how to meet challenges head-on, perfect your research skills and persevere…but you also have no problem asking for help when needed.
- A team player: if someone needs help, you are the first one on the scene. You’re more than willing to lend a hand and share your know-how.
- A positive, inquisitive and fun person.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
REWARD, PROGRESSION AND LOTS OF RECOGNITION
A career with KFC offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
· We can offer flexibility – our RSC is in Woking.
· Fry-YAY – Finish up at 1pm every Friday (All year round)
· Company and performance related bonus
· Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
· Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover
· Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 5 extra days per year
· After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
· Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
· Competitive parental leave and flexible return to work options
· Flexible and Voluntary benefits including Dental Insurance, Health Screening and Gym Discounts.
· Opportunity to flex your benefits to create a Wellbeing Fund you can use throughout the year
KFC can be a sociable company if that’s your thing, and we strive to incorporate our company value of fun whenever we can from payday drinks to weekly sports clubs; there's extensive wellness and mental health support with Sanctus Training and yoga classes so you can choose how little or how much you get involved.
If this all sounds like you and you are keen to join a global, dynamic and ambitious company you can thrive in, then get in touch!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's Finger Lickin' Good