Head of Marketing and Communications
Head of Marketing and Communications
Mackman Group, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2DT
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2022
Application requirements: Please send a CV and cover letter describing how you meet the requirements of the role. Please email email@example.com to apply.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Meadow House, 1 Meadow Lane, Sudbury, CO10 2TD. Opportunity for hybrid working (home/office).
Salary: £42,000-£50,000pa (dependent on experience).
Work pattern: Full time, 35 hours per week Monday – Friday.
About Mackman Group
Mackman Group is a multi-award-winning dynamic boutique agency based in Sudbury, Suffolk. Our unifying strapline is 'together we grow' which reflects the relationships that our agency has with clients, suppliers, colleagues and the wider community. It is the blend of our talented team combined with a ‘can do’ attitude and thirst for best practice that is at the heart of our success. Our marketing consultancy takes a blended and collaborative approach to increase return on marketing investment, creating brands that are visually distinctive, intelligently positioned and strategically designed. We are a fast-paced agency and work with SME organisations both locally and nationally, and across multiple sectors, providing great diversity in work and exciting projects.
We are seeking an experienced and forward-thinking public relations, communications, and marketing specialist to join us as our Head of Marketing and Communications. You will work closely with our Creative Director to develop brands, story tell, and produce engaging content for the Mackman portfolio of brands and our clients. This role will suit a driven, ambitious professional seeking long-term career development who places a high importance upon customer service and wants to play an active role in the growth of the business and their own team. You will have a proven track record of taking an objective, insight, and strategic approach to delivering best practice marketing and communications strategies.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Creating and integrating brand, marketing, and digital activity across all marketing channels (online and offline) with measurable impact.
- Hands-on delivery of well planned and executed marketing campaigns.
- Start to end responsibility for the development and implementation of marketing, communications, and PR strategies internally and for our clients.
- Harness effective insight and best practice, measuring results, and reviewing success. Demonstrating and communicating return on investment of initiatives.
- Analysis of marketing data, and reporting on all marketing activities and the impact on sales revenue and pipeline.
- Creation and publication of press releases, news articles and case studies.
- Production of marketing collateral working with the in-house design team as required.
- Ensuring marketing material and dialogue is aligned with a consistent brand identity.
- Utilise the full range of marketing channels and apply these to the appropriate client and audience.
- Produce valuable and engaging content.
- Continue to develop the reputation and expertise of Mackman Group through digital visibility and business development activity.
- Effective CRM management of projects using software (“Synergist”). Tracking and analysing the performance of campaigns, timelines, and management of budgets.
- Design and drive a digital marketing strategy to achieve clear KPI’s and drive digital engagement.
- Evaluate the customer journey across all digital touch points.
- Work with internal teams to drive awareness, adoption and engagement around digital marketing tools and ensure technology investments are being optimised.
- Support the development of the Mackman Group website.
- Monitoring SEO performance using SEMRush, Google analytics and other tools to identify and investigate issues.
- Conduct keyword research to support the Content team.
- Using analytics to examine websites/social media traffic and user engagement.
- Creating digital and print content for websites, blogs, social media, videos, webinars, newsletters, articles, press releases, award entries.
- Ensuring all content produced is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice. Where applicable, optimised according to SEO for search and user experience.
Stakeholders and Communication
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will have the opportunity to make your mark and contribute to the overall direction of the organisation. You will work closely with the Directors’ and manage the Content team.
- As a confident communicator with a pragmatic approach, you will be responsible for building strong relationships with audiences and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Build cross-functional relationships between the different internal departments.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients, keeping abreast of the progress of projects and collaborating with the research, creative and technical teams as required. Project Management.
- Identifying gaps in content and creating new material that is engaging and inspiring, ensuring it incorporates input from key stakeholders across the practices.
- Commitment to developing an agile working team.
- Line management responsibility for a small team, taking a supportive and coaching/mentoring approach to the development of junior members of staff.
- Recruit and build a team around you of engaged and diverse talent to meet the anticipated growth needs of the agency.
- Effectively delegate work within the team, and coordinate resources.
- Oversee and approve content created by the Content team from digital to hard copy brochures and case studies.
Requirements – skills, knowledge, and experience
- Broad experience working in a creative/PR agency or with a range of clients across different sectors.
- Hands-on experience working with a range of marketing tools and ability to turn creative ideas into effective projects.
- Fully competent across the entire marketing mix – utilising PR channels, events, online campaigns, print, radio, advertisement, and social media.
- Extensive knowledge of the marketing lifecycles and customer touchpoints.
- Attention to detail. A complete finisher.
- Data driven: Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of key statistics.
- Can demonstrate expertise in tactical and strategic digital marketing and associated software such as SENRush.
- Experience in managing and leading teams.
- Full driving license.
- Degree level educated or above.
- CIM and/ or CIPR membership and working towards Chartered status with evidence of ongoing CPD.
The full job specification including behavioural competencies that will be assessed at interview are detailed on the Mackman Group website - https://mackman.co.uk/recruitment/
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together We Grow